Guidelines for Authors
Note: No manuscript will be reviewed unless it conforms to APA Style, Sixth Edition. Authors should check citations in the text body to make certain that accurate surnames, dates, and other identifiers match those in the References. Reviewers will spot check manuscripts for these requirements and will not evaluate the remainder of the article if these requirements are not met.
Please submit articles to:
Questions? Contact Bonnie Johnson via e-mail:
Requirements and Evaluation
- Authors must be current members of ILA and PLTE.
- Manuscripts should be limited to approximately 20 pages in length (including references).
- Avoid inclusion of the authors’ identities in any portion of the manuscript to ensure impartial reviews.
- Manuscripts are evaluated by at least two reviewers. If reviewers’ decisions are disparate, a third reviewer will evaluate the article. Authors’ names are not revealed to the reviewers until publication.
- Articles are evaluated according to significance of the topic (see Aims and Scope), clarity of communication, methodology, and thoroughness of the literature review.
- Decisions (accept/revise/reject) usually are reached within two months, but this is not always possible due to workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
- Doctoral candidates are welcome to submit articles for review; however, these submissions must go through the review process.